Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Am I tech-savvy or what!

Last week on Thursday our school site let out early for an in-service. Guess what? the program the district is implementing sounds so much like this bloggerspot!!! The only difference is that the site is just for our district's use and it only covers writing lessons and ideas to use for different levels. The district is hoping to add all content areas in the future. Now, between postings for this spot and writing for my rubicon program I am going computer nuts! It just makes me smile, when I think back decades ago, how I got so frustrated with everything getting computerized in our schools and now I can't seem to do anything without the aid of this laptop.

2 comments:

skipvia said...

It would be great to hear more about your district's writing program. How is it implemented? Do all grade levels participate? Generally, I don't think that K-12 students write enough. Giving them more opportunities to share their ideas (and even their pictures and slide shows!) can only be a good thing.

The more I read the ED 429 blogs the more I become convinced that blogs really belong in education--blogs written by teachers and blogs written by students. It's great to see you guys communicating and learning from each other through your blogs, too.

darleneulak said...

Waqaa/Camai Mag (bosom buddy)
Akanek, cangacit? Assirtua, but extremely busy w/school and house work. So nice to hear from you. I agree w/you on your comment of how much we've come to depend on technology (so limcuk!) I hope you have a good year @ work. Take care.