Thursday, October 25, 2007
Slip, slide and away
Well, our snow is gone. We have ice. As dangerous as that sounds, I am very glad it rained, because that means my water tank is replenished. For those of us that don't have running water, the rain is a blessing. You should have seen me yesterday, I was like a drill sergeant. I wanted that water in the water containers before the area steambath houses started firing up. When the smoke from gets into the water supply, we can't use it for drinking water anymore. On another note, our freeze-up is weird this year. The big main river is all iced up now, but our little slough, Kuiggluk, is still open. Usually, the sloughs freeze first before the big river freezes. I hate traveling this time of the year, because seems like we end up waiting at the airports forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, some things are the same no matter where you live. I feel like I end up waiting in airports forever, too. I love being in new places, but I hate getting there.
hi mag,
long time, how u been? I'm ok,chugging along in my classes. Did u get your ed330 project done? I haven't, can't wait till we meet this friday. It will be good to hear from you. I know, the snow melted here too, and it's icy. The water level (tide) keeps getting really high. But it's good we haven't had high winds to go with the high tide, I hope it doesn't occur. Well, good to hear from you.
Post a Comment